- Monaco JD, Rao G, Roth ED, and Knierim JJ. (2014). Attentive scanning behavior drives one-trial potentiation of hippocampal place fields. Nature Neuroscience, 17(5), 725–731. doi: 10.1038/nn.3687.
- Monaco JD, Knierim JJ, and Zhang K. (2011). Sensory feedback, error correction, and remapping in a multiple oscillator model of place cell activity. Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience, 5:39. doi: 10.3389/fncom.2011.00039.
- Monaco JD and Abbott LF. (2011). Modular realignment of entorhinal grid cell activity as a basis for hippocampal remapping. Journal of Neuroscience, 31(25), 9414–25.
- Muzzio IA, Levita L, Kulkarni J, Monaco J, Kentros CG, Stead M, Abbott LF, and Kandel ER. (2009). Attention enhances the retrieval and stability of visuospatial and olfactory representations in the dorsal hippocampus. PLoS Biology, 7(6), e1000140.
- Monaco JD, Abbott LF, and Kahana MJ. (2007). Lexico-semantic structure and the recognition word-frequency effect. Learning & Memory, 14(3), 204–213.
- Monaco JD and Levy WB. (2003). T-maze training of a recurrent CA3 model reveals the necessity of novelty-based modulation of LTP in hippocampal region CA3. Proceedings International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 1655–1660.